Tuesday, April 24, 2007

8. Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal (Christopher Moore)


I picked up this book after seeing it reviewed by another book blogger, who really liked it. I'm glad I did! It was hilarious. The story is Jesus' life told from the point of view of his fictional best friend, Biff. Biff is a little crazy (but basically a typical teenager), and has a great sense of humor. The book fills in (not in a serious way whatsoever) the missing years of Christ's life, from when he was a teenager to the time of his death. As Moore sees it, Jesus and Biff travel the world learning various faiths, like Buddhism and Hinduism. Jesus, apparently, was also a master of Kung-Fu.
My only complaint about this book was that it was too long. Biff's jokes got to be repetitive, and after almost 450 pages, the gimmick lost its novelty. Despite that, I was entertained at the gym as I peddled along.
Rating: 4 of 5

No comments: