Friday, July 13, 2007
Unfinished: The Memory Keeper's Daughter (Kim Edwards)
Blegh. I've been wanting to read this book for a long time, since it was wildly popular and everyone I knew who read it seemed to love it. After 100 pages, I decided to give up and move on to something that wasn't boring me to death. There's a lot of description in this book, and although it had an interesting plot basis, that was it. Basically, a woman has twins in 1964, and one of them is mentally retarded. Her husband gives the baby to a nurse and tells his wife that the child died. The nurse moves to another town and raises the baby on her own. After 1/3 of the book, this is all that happened! The dialogue is completely unrealistic, going something like, "Norah, what are your dreams?" I hate crap like that. Anyway, I'm returning this unfinished and moving on to something better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment