
Anthony Bourdain is a bastard. Apparently, though, he wants to be a bastard, as he overtly gloated over his hardass-ness throughout this entire book. And seriously, is he holding a sword on the cover?
Ok, yeah, we get it, the New York restaurant world is gritty, drug-filled and moral free. Its kind of hard not to get that impression when Bourdain beats you over the head with it in every single chapter.
It might sound like I hated this book, but not really. There were a lot of behind the scenes restaurant secrets revealed, and some things I'd rather know that not (i.e. what to order on what days.) Overall I enjoyed this book - pretty interesting but not mind-shattering.
Rating: 4 out of 5
1 comment:
I forgot if I already told you, but I read Bel Canto on your recommendation. It was lovely and engrossing, but too damn sad :(
Post a Comment